Important information about your stay
Covid 19 has had a huge effect on all our lives and will continue to do so for some time to come. Here at Long Barn we have been doing everything we can to help make your stay with us as safe as we can but still enabling you to have a great time away.
We want to reassure you we take your safety as the upmost importance. Although we obtain extremely high scores in our annual Visit England inspections for cleaning, we have implemented additional procedures directed at the Covid 19 risks.
We draw your attention to the government’s guidelines on Covid-19 and ask you to familiarise yourself with the latest position just prior to your visit as these are changing almost daily and sometimes at short notice!
Currently we wish you to be aware of the following:-
- The social distancing guidance that is applicable
- The group sizes permitted to meet together and be aware of the requirements when visiting pubs, restaurants and outdoor spaces
- The requirement limiting households/bubbles meeting and staying together overnight
We will do all we can to help keep you safe but we do ask you to please remember to frequently wash your hands during your stay. This is an important aspect of dealing with Covid 19. We have provided bacterial hand soaps at all washbasins and sinks for your use.
If you have stayed with us before you will be aware that our cottages usually contain a huge selection of boxed games, books and other items to entertain our guests. Unfortunately as part of the above we have temporarily removed these to help reduce the risk of transmission of Covid 19. Similarly our play barn with its selection of smaller toys and games has also been cleared. Please bring with you a selection of indoor and outdoor games/balls etc if you wish to have them.
Unless you are notified otherwise our heated indoor pool and playbarn should be available during your stay. We draw your attention to our revised booking procedures for the swimming pool. Each cottage book the pool for exclusive use on an hourly basis but we will now be allowing a gap of 30 minutes between each booking. This will allow airborne particles to settle and avoid guests crossing over if there are consecutive bookings. The water is treated with Chlorine which is extremely effective at destroying Covid 19. Please remember to bring your own swim towels. The changing rooms will be closed and you will be required to change and shower in your cottage.
The table tennis table and the pool table and table football remain. We have provided a viral spray and disposable towel to clean the bats, balls and cues between uses but, of course this will be up to you to choose if you wish to use. There is also a hand sanitiser station for all guests to use. You may prefer to bring your own cues or table tennis bats.
We have also produced a digital version of our cottage information booklet which will be sent to you before arrival. This is for your reference during your stay but please do get in touch if you want any further information on local issues or the cottage. We are very happy to help in any way we can to make your stay as happy and relaxing as we can!
When you arrive we kindly ask you to stay with your car in the car park (unless we have previously agreed other arrival arrangements). We will come to you and, socially distanced, welcome you to Long Barn and ensure we answer any questions you may have. We won’t show you round the cottage as we wish to minimise the number of people entering your cottage prior to your stay. We will talk you through the information about the cottage and walk with you around the site and show you the shared parts of the site.
We look forward to welcoming you.
Can I amend my holiday?
We are continuously monitoring the situation regarding Coronavirus and it is important that we offer support and reassurance to our guests during this time. We do ask guests to agree to the following
- As always, that they take out holiday cancellation insurance as soon as practical so your booking is covered (including Covid -19 if possible).
- That you agree that your booking is under our current T & C's. Where you are unable to stay at Long Barn due to Government restrictions relating to Covid 19 we will endeavour to work with you to rearrange your stay or if appropriate to agree a refund.
- Variations in cost between what has been paid and any new holiday cost is payable 8 weeks before the date of your amended holiday date.
What should I do if I'm showing signs of Covid-19?
Guests showing signs of Covid-19 prior to arrival and those that should be self-isolating should not visit Long Barn.
Guests showing signs of Covid-19 whilst staying at Long Barn are required to go for a test locally. The result of the test must be shown to the owner. If positive, then the guest must immediately leave if this is reasonably possible. If for any reason that it is not, and self-isolation is required to take place at Long Barn, then all fees for all bookings affected by this self-isolation will be bourne by the guest.
Am I covered by insurance?
You should check with your insurance company to see what is covered.
Will all facilities be available?
We will endeavour to follow the government guidelines regarding the operation of our holiday cottages including their recommendations on the availability and use of all facilities at the time of your stay
Please follow the Public Health England and the World Health Organisation travel and hygiene advice
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water or a disinfectant, especially after coughing and sneezing, before handling and consuming food
- Use disposable tissues when coughing or sneezing and dispose of used tissues carefully and promptly
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who appear unwell and avoid sharing personal items
- Avoid unnecessary, unprotected contact with live animals and make sure you wash hands thoroughly after contact with an animal